LEVANJILTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 259 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:48 pm

FARAH CHERY ALBUM RELEASE CONCERT IN HOLLIS NEW YORK

+5
fullgospel
tibobdenazareth
Jn Michel
Alphonse
Levanjiltv
9 posters

Go down

FARAH CHERY ALBUM RELEASE CONCERT IN HOLLIS NEW YORK Empty FARAH CHERY ALBUM RELEASE CONCERT IN HOLLIS NEW YORK

Post by Levanjiltv Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:41 pm

Farah Chery's album release concert in Hollis New York was a blast on saturday July 18th 2009. We have tons of videos as Farah enter in a limousine and then later greeted by fans. Click on the picture to watch her videos and read more.

FARAH CHERY ALBUM RELEASE CONCERT IN HOLLIS NEW YORK FARAHALBUM
Levanjiltv
Levanjiltv
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-04-05

http://www.levanjiltv.com

Back to top Go down

FARAH CHERY ALBUM RELEASE CONCERT IN HOLLIS NEW YORK Empty Re: FARAH CHERY ALBUM RELEASE CONCERT IN HOLLIS NEW YORK

Post by Alphonse Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:06 pm

Farah ap byen fel wi la nan levanjil la. Se sa Farah keep your head up and put your trust in the Lord and you shall see his glory. May God bless you sister.
Alphonse
Alphonse

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

FARAH CHERY ALBUM RELEASE CONCERT IN HOLLIS NEW YORK Empty Re: FARAH CHERY ALBUM RELEASE CONCERT IN HOLLIS NEW YORK

Post by Jn Michel Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:21 am

That's a good way to have an album release. It looks different than a typical concert.
Jn Michel
Jn Michel

Male Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by tibobdenazareth Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:10 pm

That second track on the little video montage is HOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!! I can't wait to put my hands on that CD! Boy! I'm so happy for her. We chat just a little bit a couple of weeks ago and she is very sweet, articulated and spiritual.

Farah pa chery pou fanmi l sèlman non, li se chery m tou, li se chery nou tout. GET THE CD and encourage her. She is a definite talent. We should all pray for her to make that talent of hers one of the cornerstone of her ministry!

tibobdenazareth

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by fullgospel Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:15 pm

I really like her voice. she has the high pitch and a very sweet tone. Compared to a lot of artists out there, she can sing. Go ahead girl get your praise on.
fullgospel
fullgospel

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Fritzlyne Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:12 pm

se konsa wi medam yo gen bel vwa ,se komsi se vwa zanj yo wap tande,se pou seye a ba yo fos ak kouraj pou rete lakay li.

Fritzlyne

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Jn Michel Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:12 pm

Without metionning the vocal. That's very beautiful. You have a beautiful voice sister Farah
Jn Michel
Jn Michel

Back to top Go down

Post by eman Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:35 am

Great vocal!
The only thing though, I am tired of artists not using live instruments when producing a CD. Do away with the synthesizers or better yet, use one that is so refined that the listener finds it hard to notice the difference.
eman
eman

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://www.theshepherdnook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alphonse Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:27 pm

Live instruments does sound better in Haitian style music however it is not the norm in all style. A lot of zouk music use drum machines. Hip hop which is making millions of dollars use mostly beat making machines. Why do we Haitians are calling for live drums?
Alphonse
Alphonse

Back to top Go down

Post by tibobdenazareth Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:29 pm

Alphonse, May God continue to enrich your very intelligent mind.

Some people always put one idea of theirs in everything when it comes to Haiti. They're praising other nations for all sorts of musical or other nonsense. but when it comes to Haitians: toujou gen yon bagay ki manke!!!

tibobdenazareth

Back to top Go down

Post by Bernylakay Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:36 pm

Il n'y a persone come Jesus. Mwen mache mwen tourne mwen pa jwenn. There is none like you lord and there will never be none. Great song sister Farah kenbe la.
Bernylakay
Bernylakay

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Jn Michel Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:12 pm

tibobdenazareth wrote:Alphonse, May God continue to enrich your very intelligent mind.

Some people always put one idea of theirs in everything when it comes to Haiti. They're praising other nations for all sorts of musical or other nonsense. but when it comes to Haitians: toujou gen yon bagay ki manke!!!
A prophet is never cherish in her community.
Jn Michel
Jn Michel

Back to top Go down

Post by eman Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:27 am

Here we go again!
Making this about Haitians versus other genres...
Am I allowed to have an individualized opinion without being balled up with all Haitians?
Am I supposed to simply swallow without questioning what I am drinking based on my taste buds?
Let me say it again!

Great vocal from Farah but I am tired of the synthesizers...
eman
eman

Back to top Go down

Post by Alphonse Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:35 pm

eman wrote:Here we go again!
Making this about Haitians versus other genres...
Am I allowed to have an individualized opinion without being balled up with all Haitians?
Am I supposed to simply swallow without questioning what I am drinking based on my taste buds?
Let me say it again!

Great vocal from Farah but I am tired of the synthesizers...
What's with the synthesizers which makes you hate it so much? or do you hate it but just in Haitian music? Rolling Eyes
Alphonse
Alphonse

Back to top Go down

Post by eman Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:07 pm

I guess I have become an outcast for having divulged my personal taste in music...
Forgive me people, I thought this was an open forum designed to allow others to speak freely without feeling constrained to follow the company line.
eman
eman

Back to top Go down

Post by tibobdenazareth Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:24 pm

eman, you don't have to be on the defensive. People objecting to your objection are also expressing their minds freely. Free expression doesn't mean people will not object to it.

Personally, in light of Alphonse's first response to your first post, I do observe that a lot of us are objective critics but only with Haitian products.

Rap is the genre with the least music composition; just a beat dropping with some sampled bars plus an all-synth bass line or melody line. R&B, same story, but with a singer rather than a rapper. The whole hip-hop genre is 100% synth with creativity in the beats more than in musicality or orchestration.

So far I don't hear Haitians trashing those genres and that would be wrong anyway because each style comes with its own texture. So does most Haitian Gospel music that is not hard core konpa, something that the Gospel community rejects anyway (in general) at this point in time.

So the fact that you brought the point of synthetizers in Haitian music as if it's something wrong indicates two things:

1) Either you don't quite get the idea of every genre has its own shape and form based on whatever instrument or vocals its creators and followers decide to use

2) Or you are prone to always find something wrong in everything Haitian.

Either way there's an obvious issue with your post bringing up something as a negative when it is not. If a genre doesn't fit your taste, the world doesn't have to know about it, especially in such unsolicited way. Just don't buy the CDs, don't click on the play buttons, and support just what you like.

But critizing the genre in any way is doing nothing positive to nobody. Farah Chery is not a musical band, she is a singer. So her VOICE is what she is to be judged on. The type of music backing her vocals up is but secondary.

tibobdenazareth

Back to top Go down

Post by HisPraise Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:53 pm

Eman, although you were off topic a l'il bit, you still made a valid point. Personally, i don't like sequence based drum on my product and in fact i know many seasoned vets in the music business who hated this concept! Who does not like the real thing anyway? But, let's be realistic, it's less time consuming and way cheaper to lay drum tracks down with a sequencer comparing with the cost of hiring a professional drummer.( i found the akai mpc to be a good pick since it's the closest thing to the real thing.... then again someone has to know how create and collect samples that fit a particular genre)

(I apologize for being off topic as well)

Farah keep the praise coming!! enlarge your territory do not carter for only one audience! Laughing

HisPraise

Male Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by eman Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:01 pm

HisPraise,
I am off topic...I agree...

Farah,
Great Vocal!
Smile

Tibob,
I am neither a novice to the Haitian music nor an expert. I was brought up on Tropicana, Septen, Tabou, System, Skah Shah...I guess I have become too sensitive to my Konpa...
eman
eman

Back to top Go down

Post by HisPraise Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:11 pm

CHECK THIS OUT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-jDDgggLe4

HOPING AND HOPING AGAIN THAT FARAH GAVE THEM DUE CREDITS!!!

OTHERWISE IS COPY RIGHTS INFRINGEMENTS.

AND IT TAKE MORE THAN NERVES TO EXPECT TO HONOR GOD WITH STOLEN MERCHANDISES. GOD IS HOLY, OUR WORSHIP MUST BE WITHOUT WRINKLE.

GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE DOES NOT MAKE ANYONE A LESSER ARTIST.

I VOICE MY OPINION ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO DO GOOD NOT TO TEAR ANYONE DOWN. TAKE AND BE BLESSED, IGNOR IT FOR YOUR OWN DISADVANTAGE.

IN CHRIST!

HisPraise

Back to top Go down

Post by Alphonse Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:16 pm

eman wrote:HisPraise,
I am off topic...I agree...

Farah,
Great Vocal!
Smile

Tibob,
I am neither a novice to the Haitian music nor an expert. I was brought up on Tropicana, Septen, Tabou, System, Skah Shah...I guess I have become too sensitive to my Konpa...
Welcome to the new genre of Haitian music Eman. Sorry for making you feel constraint but we can't just stay in the classic way of Haitian music; we have to move on and take our music to another level. Zouk which came from Konpa has been surpassed us because of their new way of thinking. Look at our generation of music today. If it wasn't for synthesize drum there would be no T-vice, Sweet Micky, Carimi, Crazy, Kreyoll la and so on.
Alphonse
Alphonse

Back to top Go down

Post by tibobdenazareth Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:49 am

HisPraise wrote:CHECK THIS OUT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-jDDgggLe4

HOPING AND HOPING AGAIN THAT FARAH GAVE THEM DUE CREDITS!!!

OTHERWISE IS COPY RIGHTS INFRINGEMENTS.

AND IT TAKE MORE THAN NERVES TO EXPECT TO HONOR GOD WITH STOLEN MERCHANDISES. GOD IS HOLY, OUR WORSHIP MUST BE WITHOUT WRINKLE.

GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE DOES NOT MAKE ANYONE A LESSER ARTIST.

I VOICE MY OPINION ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO DO GOOD NOT TO TEAR ANYONE DOWN. TAKE AND BE BLESSED, IGNOR IT FOR YOUR OWN DISADVANTAGE.

IN CHRIST!

I agree 100%!!! I am the strongest critic of any form of plagiarism that destroys originality and creativity. I hope credit is given in writing on the CD covers to whom credit is due.

tibobdenazareth

Back to top Go down

Post by tibobdenazareth Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:56 am

eman wrote: Tibob,

Eman my bro, I do understand you and everything is OK. But remember, hasn't it been for Zin and the rest (Papash, Lakol etc...) konpa would be DEAD for the teenager who HATED all of those old generation bands and sounds. That new generation of konpa was almost 100% synth based.

The youngsters of the 80s and 90s would have rejected Haitian konpa altogether had they had to only put up with those bands you mentioned. So Synth saved konpa!!!

As time goes by, we've seen a blend between both new and old generation that is the konpa state of today. A mixture of live and synth.

Again, music is a science for the producer but an art for the listener. And you can't judge people's taste. Right now, the Gospel music industry has no issue with synth sound because the vocals and the Gospel MESSAGE is by far more important than the music.

I just want you to understand that you have to shift your focus and hat when you're switching sectors. What works in night club might not work in the church and vice-versa. And that is a humble advice for better music appreciation, nothing else.

tibobdenazareth

Back to top Go down

Post by Bernylakay Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:42 am

Yeah that is so true Tibob. Imagine there was to be a live band behind every gospel singer out there. Surely there would not be enough musicians. I think this conversation is also tie with playback performance also. Sequenced music and playback performance can't be thrown away because a lot of good music and talents would be lost. People usually say playback performance is no good but an artist can move the crowd 100% with a playback. It's very hard to find musicians so if somebody sequenced their music that's ok. And if somebody use playback too it's ok.
Bernylakay
Bernylakay

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by HisPraise Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:32 pm

I agree 100%!!! I am the strongest critic of any form of plagiarism that destroys originality and creativity. I hope credit is given in writing on the CD covers to whom credit is due.

tibobdenazareth

HEY BROTHER I'M GLAD YOU GOT MY POINT. AS MUCH AS TRY NOT NOT TO REVEAL THAT I'M A SONGWRITER BUT SOMETIME WE CAN'T KEEP IT A SECRET. THERE ARE TIMES WHERE IT TOOK ME LESS THAN 5 MINUTES TO PUT A NEW SONG TOGETHER, BUT OTHER TIMES I SPENT THE WHOLE MONTH TRYING TO GET IT FLOWLESS.... I TOSSED PAPER BALLS ALL OVER THE PLACE BEFORE I COULD GET IT RIGHT!... ANY GOOD SONGWRITER SHOULD HAVE AN IDEA OF WHAT I'M SAYING .THEREFORE, I ENCOURAGE EVERY ARTIST (NEW SCHOOL AND VETERANS)TO GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE. JESUS ENEMIES WENT EXTRA MILES TRYING TO GET HIM IN HOT WATER WITH THE ROMAN AUTHORITIES; BUT IT TOOK HIM A SINGLE COIN TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE. GIVE GOD WHAT HIS AND TO CEASAR WHAT BELONGS TO him.

HisPraise

Back to top Go down

Post by Alphonse Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:44 pm

Well. somebody has to get the CD to check on the credits. Anybody got it?
Alphonse
Alphonse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down